THE INTENSIVE IS FOR YOU IF:
- Despite your best efforts, you’re still not where you want to be in your singing career.
- You are an experienced singer who has already had technical training. (This is NOT for new singers looking to start on their journey)
- You want to get consistently better results from your auditions / performances / recordings. No more putting in all this time and work (and money!) and not seeing the kind of outcomes you want.
- You want to find your OWN sound, tap into your own unique voice - what you have the nobody else does - your special sauce that sets you apart from other artists.
- You want to optimize your technique. You are dying to sing in a way that is more reliable and powerful – where your body is working for you, not against you. You want to sing without any tension in a way that not only sounds good, but feels good. And more then anything, you want to know that anytime you open your mouth, you can trust your technique and your body to make the best possible sound. No. Matter. What.
- You are an action taker who follows directions. That means you’re accountable, open and willing to do the daily work that facilitates change.
WHAT IS THE 2 MONTH INTENSIVE TRAINING?
The Intensive is an eight week program of deeply transformational work merging high level vocal training with proven mindfulness practices to help you uncover your most true, consistent, powerful, beautiful and healthy singing.
When you learn how to connect with your inner guidance and remove obstacles and limiting beliefs keeping you from fully embodying your most efficient singing technique, you are able to step into the maximum potential of your voice.
THEY DID IT.
SO CAN YOU.
These singers are making their singing goals a reality.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Many of us are unaware of how our brain can unwittingly sabotage our body when we sing.
All people have physical reactions to our thoughts and feelings, it’s just a part of being human. Whatever the cause and whatever the feeling, it lives in our body. And if you’re a singer, that means it also lives in and effects your instrument.
Keeping your instrument in optimum shape means undoing the physical tension. The best way to do that is to understand and address the part your mindset plays in creating that tension.
The Intensive guides you to examine your ideas and beliefs around your voice, your talent, your career, your past experiences and future goals to fully understand how your thinking creates tension that effects your singing.
It combines one-on-one voice lessons and group coaching classes with guided meditation work, thought exercises, journaling and mindfulness practices. Throughout the Intensive, I facilitate the synthesis of your newfound awareness with your singing technique which translates into real-time transformation of your sound.
The Intensive is broken down into eight modules through which you will uncover the mindset you have around your singing, discover the ways in which this mindset effects your technique, and learn how to discard that which does not serve you to arrive at a deeper trust in your instrument and more efficiency in your vocal technique.
Singers participate in The Intensive from around in the world. You do not have to be in Los Angeles to do the program. The one-on-one lessons can be given in my studio in Los Angeles or online via Zoom, Skype or FaceTime video conference.
I am a singer, voice teacher, vocal producer and enthusiastic guide to helping you reach the potential of your voice. I have released two albums, sang with opera companies including Opera Theater of St. Louis, San Francisco Opera, BAM, and Aspen Opera Theater, had a thriving teaching studio for over a decade, served as vocal producer for many recording artists (Radio Killa, Interscope, MySpace Records, Island/Def Jam, Hollywood Records, KidzBop, Zvision) and authored many articles as a featured expert on singing technique and mindfulness. I have a Masters Degree in Vocal Performance from Manhattan School of Music and a Bachelors in Music from Oberlin Conservatory. (For more details about how I came to do what do, click HERE)
But that’s just what I do. Who I am is creative, compassionate, intuitive and nurturing, My secret is combining my musical and intuitive gifts to teach and encourage singers to step into their full potential. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE and am eternally grateful for the work I get to do.
Here’s How the 2 Month Training Program Will Unfold For You:
- Every week you will receive a new guided meditation mp3 on a different aspect of mindful awareness as it relates to singing. The meditations are 20-30min long and you will do the current module meditation once a day.
- Every week you will be given a new thought exercise corresponding to the guided meditation topic for that module. The thought exercises are a series of questions for you to journal on which challenge you to explore your ideas around those topics. They are a deep dive into your unique patterns of thinking, your past, you goals, your desires, and your perceived obstacles.
- Every week you will participate in a group Mindset Call with me on Zoom where all the singers in the program share and discuss what you're discovering in your Meditations and Thought Exercises. I lead the discussion mirroring back to you aspects of your thoughts specifically significant to your vocal growth.
- Every week you will participate in 2 group Studio Classes with me on Zoom video conference. In this setting, singers in the program get up to sing and coach with me one-on-one in front of the group. We work on synthesizing your technique with the mindful awareness you're gaining from the meditations to improve your technique. In this way you don't just get the benefit of my coaching with you, but you get the benefit of all the coaching of your peers as well.
- Through out the course of the program, you will have 4 one-on-one mindset coaching sessions. Through these sessions you will come to a deeper understanding of the thinking getting in the way of your most efficient singing. Your Mindset Coach will guide you in using the mindful awareness you are gaining in the Meditations and Thought Exercises to replace your old habits and tensions with a new, more efficient way of thinking about and using your instrument.
The 2 Month Intensive Training is practical and spiritual. It is mindful and methodical. It is also tailored to the specific needs of each singer. I’m here with you all the way and will do whatever I can to assist you in reaching your fullest vocal potential.
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR YOU IF ARE READY AND WILLING TO:
- Tap into your full potential
- Acknowledge yourself as someone ready to invest in the future of your singing
- Stop playing small and let go of your story
- Create a soul-centered relationships with your talent
- Be vulnerable
- Do what you say you are going to do
- Make commitments and take action
If you’re excited, this resonates with you and you want to learn more, the first step is to fill out an application by clicking here.
From there, I will contact you to schedule a call where we will discuss the program, your current frustrations and goals for your singing and discover if you’re a fit. This program is 100% based on application and invitation. If this resonates, I look forward to hearing from you.
Ready To Join The 2 Month Intensive?
Start your journey here.
Please fill out this quick application.